Friday, January 23, 2009

RETRO FRIDAY NIGHTS

In an effort to relive my misspent youth, The Lunch Counter will welcome a 60's (Canadian) band on Friday nights. Dine, smoke, drink and toke to the tunes of yesteryear. (Crash in our spacious cabins. Make a weekend of it.)

And now, please join with me in welcoming....

DAVID CLAYTON THOMAS AND THE SHAYS

Yeah, baby. I'd also like to hear... Walk That Walk.

Thanks, boys.

Ah, memories.

By the way, I couldn't find their version of Boom Boom. So let's have John Lee Hooker
do it the way he wrote it.

Oh, hell yes!

Waiter... another Heineken.

4 comments:

Omar said...

David Clayton who??? If we are to drunkenly mine that long ago era, I will need to hear a little of this to get the old emotional reminiscing flowing! Waiter! A cream soda, svp!

Woozie said...

What's this about a David? I know a couple of Davids, they're mostly pretty cool people. One of them went vegetarian and dropped like 20 pounds which is cool, but since he goes to school in the mountains there's nothing to do but drink and smoke so that's not cool. The duality of life.

Doctorboogaloo said...

Omar: My buddy and I would hitchhike from Galt (now Cambridge, Ontario) to Toronto on Saturday mornings... hang out in Yorkville hitting the coffee-houses and clubs and crash at a friend's place. We heard some great music (including the Paupers, who went on to become Lighthouse: Skip Prokop, et al.) David Clayton Thomas wound up in the States singing with Blood, Sweat and tears.

Woozie: That reminds me of a silly song called 'These are the Daves I Know'. I gotta try and track that down.

Doctorboogaloo said...

Here she be.