Thursday, February 11, 2010

A QUICK POEM AND SOME OTHER BULLSHIT


REGARDING 2012

Maybe the Mayans had it right.
Hell,
Since we left the trees, scrambling on all-fours
(til we were smart enough to stand)
it's just been a matter of Time --
something the universe has in abundance.
The universe.
Not us.

Maybe the Mayans could do the math.

* * *


I've got a fucking abscessed tooth.  I felt something unpleasant in my upper jaw when my mother was in the hospital.  I figured I'd get it looked at when things weren't quite so nuts.  Been on antibiotics for a few days... on Sunday, it looked like I'd stuffed a canned ham inside my cheek.  The worst part of the antibiotics is the accompanying diarrhea.  But I'm down to only six bathroom visits a day now (not counting the ones I need to piss out the coffee and beer).

I managed to read a novel in three large gulps this week.  A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews .  Wonderful novel. It won the Governor-General's Award a few years ago. Certainly took my mind off other things.  I am looking forward to reading her other stuff.  (And she's just a kid: born in '64.)

Looking forward to the Olympics.

Looking forward to the World Cup.

Looking forward to the next beer.

Ahhhh..... the world continues to spin.

2 comments:

unokhan said...

she don lie she don lie she don lied -- codeine!

Anonymous said...

me and my wife have been researching 2012 for about 2 years now and have allready started planning they say by 2010 you will see it in the sky and i think thats about the time we will have everything ready we are looking to start a survival group or if anyone else has one that we can join let me know ill check back later thanks
[url=http://2012earth.net/world_schedule.html
]2012 end of the world
[/url] - some truth about 2012