Friday, May 21, 2010

ON A PISSED-UP FRIDAY NIGHT, I'M LOVING ME SOME 'MURICAN POLITICS

A few days ago, I had no idea who Rand Paul was.  And while I might wish that he, and people of his intellectual ilk, would remain forever unknown (which is to say, allow them to enjoy their banjo music, cross burnings and sibling-fucking in moribund, backwoods obscurity), I realize that my wish might be construed as um, just a tad selfish.  Therefore, I say in all honesty (tho' fingers might be crossed)

Heartiest congratulations, Kentucky!

Yowza.  Shout it out.
Please,
proclaim him from clapboard rooftops and the bowels of the outback
to those really nice seats at your annual horse Derby.

Yessir. This young man seems just ticket to nudge that great state of yours into the third decade of the last century.


Llewellen: need I say it?  Bring us a cold one. On the double, son.  I feel another poem coming on.

No comments: