Sunday, June 14, 2009

SUNDAY NIGHT PHILOSOPHY

I've torn this place down several times over the years. Left nothing behind, not even a forwarding address. (Well, it deters the revenooers, don't it?) And there have been times lately -- within the last minute or two, actually -- when I dangled my right hand middle finger tantalizingly close to the DELETE IT button.

But... I know why I didn't kill Llewellen tonight. I know why I decided to save Timmy from Gila Monster purgatory.

I understand now why I gutted this place before and why I allowed it to live tonight.

But why is the toughest fucking question there is. It's existential. Primordial. And then there's the pain. There's always pain.

Therefore, if I simply give you the answer, it would be cheating. And I'd probably have to shoot you.

So....

As you were.

As if there's another way you could be. I mean, really, c'mon.

Still....

2 comments:

unokhan said...

they shoot horses don't they

Woozie said...

How I would love to shoot something; maybe being shot would come close enough to satisfy.