Sunday, November 14, 2010

LOOKING AT THE DAYS AHEAD

I'm tutoring a few kids this term.  Reading and writing skills, mainly.  The usual.  But I have one boy who has been slipped my way (on the QT, mind; mum's the word; we don't want the suits finding out) for enrichment. He gets to pick my brain... what's left of it.  I get to keep a smart kid from falling into coma.

This week, we're going to discuss paradoxes.  Down the road, we'll touch on things like quantum theory, Einstein, historical puzzles, how to write more effectively, killing a guy with the power of your mind -- well, maybe not that last one.

It makes a change.

And change is just around the corner.  I'm contemplating full retirement.  Maybe by the New Year.  Perhaps when the chess tournaments are finished.  Or by Easter, or May, or by the end of the school year.  This one or next.  But soon.  Very soon.

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I hope you've got plans for your well-earned retirement, Doctor. I think you should consider making videos for display on You Tube. You could use "When I was your age" as the motif and swear a lot.

Doctorboogaloo said...

That is one helluva fine idea.

Gotta work up some story boards.