Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MAKE IT STOP

Hey, I'm as sentimental as the next guy (unless the next guy is a twat like John Boehner) but I just can't get all worked up and weepy about Prince William and his chosen one getting married.  It's non-news; yet   the airways are flooded with pictures, analyses, interviews, prognostications, well-wishes, Lady Diana comparisons, the couple's plans for reproduction, and yadda yadda yadda.  I mean does anyone really give a rat's ass?  I enjoy watching news and current affairs programs.  But over the past several days I've actually developed carpal tunnel syndrome flipping channels when William and Kate appear on the screen.

Of course, if the Prince had a history of beheading his former girl friends, I might be interested.

Please, sweet Jeebus, enough already.

4 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

There seems to be a minority who really get off on royal weddings. They tend to be middle-aged women whose sex lives aren't up to much.

Doctorboogaloo said...

I think I got more excited over Steve and Becky's marriage on Coronation Street.

BrightenedBoy said...

I've actually found this story really interesting.

The idea of monarchy is just fascinating to me, and this young couple will one day be the king and queen of England and its assorted Commonwealth realms.

Doctorboogaloo said...

BB: I find your fascination with royalty to be... well, fascinating.
What attracts your interest? The historical lineage? The ceremonial pomp? The limited gene pool? For me, when Kings stopped leading their troops into battle, the bloom rather faded from the rose.

But yeah. One day, William might well be my (ceremonial) head of state. Unless his old man lives to be a hundred and twenty. Which he might just carry off. (We're the same age, Chuck and I.)