Wednesday, May 13, 2009

AFFADAVITS FROM THE WARD

For the past three or four years, I've spent a fair bit of my work week with kindergarten kids. These little ones are high maintenance. (I don't know how the hell full-time K teachers do it. I really don't.) Some days, after my name has been called out at least three hundred times by tiny persons in (what for them is) some sort life-and-death predicament, I find myself wondering where the fuck the closest hunk of rope is hidden, suicide being the only option -- other than a retreat into utter madness.

Still.

They can be charming.

But that's how they suck you in.

So....

Mamas: Don't let your children grow up to be Kindergarten teachers.

Posted by P. Boogaloo,
Room 13,
Psychiatric Ward (Out Patients' Wing),
Your School,
Anywhere.

No comments: