Wednesday, December 15, 2010

THE AYES HAVE IT

This is an Aye-aye.



Yeah, I'd never heard of it either until today.  It's a rodent-like mammal -- a Primate, actually -- with a large middle finger.  (Describes a few people I know.)

These buggers live in Madagascar.  They tap on trees to locate grubs, tear off the bark with their teeth and then insert a jumbo middle finger to extract the bugs.  It's fucking brilliant.  A woodpeckerish-mammalian-rodent-cum-primate.  The dude's got it all.

Why is this important?

Dunno.  I just felt the need to share.

Llewellen: beer.

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I'm sure my friend Davy Attenborough has given this fellow his attention. Apes learnt how to use twigs to get at bugs, so they didn't need to evolve a long middle finger. Humans may yet evolve one for other purposes.

Doctorboogaloo said...

Indeed. The possibilities seem endless.