Thursday, December 31, 2009

WHAT I LEARNED ON THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR

You have to show up at the cinema about ninety minutes early to find a seat on New Year's Eve... unless you enjoy having your neck cocked back about 180 degrees while your eyes stare straight up at the screen for two hours. Last two seats.  Directly beneath the screen.
I could have done it, mind you, because as my family knows, I am in the best physical condition of my life.*  But the missus said no.  So we came home.
Gonna have some brewskis and play the Seinfeld game I got for Xmas.

Anyhoo... Happy New Year.

* That is a phrase my father used just before his hip replacement at age 83.  It is used around these parts as a gentle mockery of yours truly.

2 comments:

Woozie said...

I like that phrase, and I'm gonna steal it.

Also, I didn't know people usually went to the movies on New Year's Eve. Then again, it strikes me as odd to go on Jesusmas and (American) Thanksgiving as well.

Doctorboogaloo said...

We thought we'd try something a bit different. Seems the whole city thought the same way... catch a movie, get back and watch the ball drop whilst scarfing a brew and eating cocktail weenies.

(Also, it turns out my wife knows a lot more about Seinfeld than I realized.)