Saturday, January 2, 2010

JEEBUS, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

This time of year, I don't think too many Canadians seriously entertain the thought of global warming.  Right now, the wind chill outside my back door is minus 27.  I don't know about the fucking polar bears, but that's plenty cold enough for me.  Green energy, eh?  Pretty tough to get a solar panel to suck in an ion or two when the sun don't shine for days on end.  Wind, maybe.  We have our share of that.  Two nights ago, the wind nearly sheared off the door of my shed.  (And it did a dandy job coiffing the maple tree on the boulevard.)

I guess what we need are cars with windmills and furnaces that run on ice.

I run on beer.  And my energy-guzzling refrigerator just signaled that the latest batch is ready.

Yours in conservation,

Dr. Phineas Boogaloo

No comments: