Sunday, March 7, 2010

WEEKEND WRAP-UP

I was pissing around with a short story manuscript yesterday.  260 pages.  14 stories.  I left the bastard stacked on my desk while I hurried out on my usual Saturday emergency supply run: beer, newspapers, cigarettes and snacks.  When I returned, the pages were everywhere.  (Fucking cats.)  I began picking the pages up at random.  I thought it might be fun to record the first line from one page and the last line from the next.  And so on.  I did a wee bit of jiggering and came up with the following three whatzits.  (Yeah, it was a rather lame exercise. But now it gives me something to post on a Sunday night.)

 1.  "Christ, yes."  There's a drunk inside me.   "How the fuck would you know?" he asked.  Because it's 99:30, soft-watch time.   I'd hate to wake up here.

2.  Who wants fish?  "Tell the truth, you bastards.  Don't lie to me."  And don't, whatever else you do, get Johnny mad tonight.  "For the last time, answer my bloody question."  Not a single hand in the air.

3.  "Can you feel the blade, Evelyn?"  It won't hurt if you do it fast, I swear.

* * *

Went to see 'Shutter Island' tonight.  Guess what? That DiCaprio kid is all grown up.  Who knew?
The movie was entertaining.  Probably gonna have nightmares.
Spoiler alert: Leo turns out to be patient #67.
Haven't seen so much smoking in a movie since Bogart was around.
Would you rather live as a monster or die a sane man?  (I think I'd take door number one... as long as there's beer.)  

* * *

It's getting crowded at the top of the English Premier League Go Gunners!


* * *

Can't stand award ceremonies.  The Oscars blow.  Overpaid pretty boys all tuxed up with busty companions in tow -- or vice versa.  Who can tell?
The Olympics only lasted two weeks.  This Oscar crap goes on all night.

Llewellen... Bring me a beer.  And have one yourself.

No comments: